The record control component allows you to specify the details of recording, to start, to stop and to cancel a recording.
The duration sets the length of the recording in seconds. The default value is 120 seconds (2 minutes) but this can be changed.
Selecting the Start button will start a recording. This can be done only in the presence of a Kinect sensor. If a sensor is not detected, the button will be grayed our.
The recording process consists of the following
- If the “Play instruction” check box is selected, the instructions for the selected exercise will be read through the default audio device (typically the speakers)
- A 5 seconds count down will be read through the default audio device (typically the speakers)
- The signal “go” will mark the beginning of the recording session
- During the recording session, the time since the beginning of the recording will be read every 5 seconds
- The signal “done” will mark the end of the recording
While recording, the Start button will be replaced with Stop and Cancel buttons
Selecting the Stop button stops the recording and saves it to file. This is used to end the recording before the selected duration if it is needed.
Selecting the cancel button stops the recording and discards it
When the Play instructions check box is checked, the instructions of the exercise will be read at the beginning of every recording.